- To properly manage the State’s Global Computerisation Projects.
- To utilise modern technology for the effective management of Government business particurlarly in the areas of operational activities, revenue generation and electronic information dissemination.
- To utilise Science and Technology to improve the lot of citizens of the State.
- Initiate, formulate, execute, monitor and evaluate policies relating to Science & Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Automation and reengineering of government business processes & harmonisation of all existing ICT assets into a world class infrastructure.
- Provision and maintenance of ICT services across Ministries, Departments &Agencies (MDAs).
- Development of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) education as well as setting up ICT Centre for state schools.
- STEM & ICT capacity building across all MDAs.
- Enlarging the pool of scientific manpower, attracting young people to careers in science and retaining same.
- Establishing globally competitive research facilities for the promotion of innovation, research & development in Science & ICT.
- Provision of advisory & consultancy services for all MDAs on Science & ICT.
- Developing new models of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in higher education, particularly for research in universities and technologically-industrialized areas.
- Identifying ways and means of catalysing industry-academia collaborations.
- Promoting strong linkages with more advanced countries, including participation in international science & innovation initiatives.
- Special projects as assigned by the Governor of Lagos State.
Major Landmark Projects/Achievements
- Establishment of the Lagos State Command & Control Centre which provides toll free dedicated lines of communication (767 or 112) for Lagosians to contact relevant security and emergency agencies of the State to enhance quick responses in times of emergency – Commenced operations in 2010 but was officially commissioned in 2012
- Implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) – Organizations world over use GIS technology to manage location- relevant information. The intuitive power of maps, combined with the analytical power of a GIS, often reveal trends, patterns and opportunities that may not be detected in tabular data alone and can help provide a competitive edge.
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) – captures paper-based documents and converts them to digital format for easy & secure storage and retrieval. EDMS will also interface with the enterprise applications to ensure continued integrity and security of Government records.
- Implementation of Health Management Information System (HMIS) – The HMIS involves the computerization of Lagos State General Hospitals in order to automate the management of patient records and share resources.
- Automation of the Land Administration Process – The automation provides a platform for centralized administration of land information where important scheme information like plot allocation, payment history, allotee’s information, total number of plots on a scheme, number of plots allocated, number of unallocated plots and payment transaction on the scheme is available
- Establishment of the e-Learning Centre – The e-Learning Centre is designed to improve the quality of education in our institutions of learning and improve access to information for various research activities which are the foundation for development
- Establishment of Ikeja Digital Village – Ikeja Digital Village is designed to assist the computer literacy of the citizens of our state. It was conceptualized as a platform for all to gain IT experience and as a test centre. It is also utilized for our Youth Empowerment programmes
- Registration of Citizens of Lagos State for planning & resource allocation under the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) – Pilot commenced in 2011
- SMART CITY- A comprehensive programme that seeks to provide a 24-hour driven economy which would allow companies to operate in a safe and secure environment thereby creating a safer and more conducive environment for business, more jobs and increasing GDP of the State.
The focus of the programme includes: Security, Implementation of a Fibre Metro Network and eGovernance.
- CODE LAGOS, a computer initiative, in collaboration with Ministry of Education will be available to students from primary to tertiary education level. Master Trainers and Facilitators of the programme have already been trained and will soon be deployed to selected schools and public libraries to facilitate the Code Lagos project.
- FREE PUBLIC WI-FI AT PARKS AND GARDENS- The implementation of Wi-Fi Services to other Parks and Gardens in the State is still on-going. The Wi-fi internet services has been deployed to Ndubusi Kanu Park, Alausa, Muri Okunola Park, Victoria Island and Johnson, Jakande and Tinubu Park [JJT], Alausa.
- The Ministry clinched the first position in the Science and Technology category of the prestigious World leadership awards which is an examination and celebration of the best in modern city leadership.